Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Jun 6 2013

Colorado National Monument.

Impressive canyons. Not one, but several ones.
Which one to choose, for a hike  ?

Drive all the way to the other end of the rim,
Going down the monument canyon trail to the
independence rock. And back up the 1000 ft.



This the rock from the bottom, still a few minutes to go...
 




From the same spot, I see (the tele of my camera)
some climbers on the top.



Amazing that in this dry desert like canyon are still so
many colors. The Prickly Pear Cactus
Yellow




or pink



A campsite with 3G, what luxury.
From the top of the rim, in the darkness,
but great view on the valley.
Enjoying the 'double wit', I got yesterday from
the SUDS brewery downtown Fruita.

Lukasz, currently I'm moving south, and yes
I feel the heat now. Climing 1000 ft at 2 PM,
need extra drinks. Hope that in the mean time
the snow is melting up north.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled seeing myself being mentioned by name in your blog :) Thanks for the wishes. I'm definitely enjoying following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete