Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sun 18 Aug 2013 I day of waterfalls in Wells Gray Park.

Sun 18 Aug 2013

I day of waterfalls in Wells Gray Park.





Started my day after a good Belgian sugar
waffle (Liege) at one of the waterfall's.

And then a small hike to the Moul falls.






If there is a way down, I go.
But this is the first: if there is a
way behind (the waterfall) I go.
You really get wet, not from the fall,
but just the moisture.
Check the guy (me ?) behind the fall.


Next, I nice hike along Clearwater lake to the easter bluffs.
Nice green colors in the meadows.


Next

Bailey Chute where the chinook salmon end there
600 km journey up the Fraser, Thompson and
Clearwater Rivers. With their life-cycle drawing
to a close, the chinook attempt one last feat of
strength, hurling themselves fruitlessly up the chute.
This final leap is just too much and they have to
fall back down river to spawn and dies.

The first picture above was one of the attempts of the
a chinook salmon to jump. Got dozens of pictures and
video's ....





The chute is named after the engineer who worked on the
problem of bridging the violent river. Bailey drowned
in a boating accident, a tragic reminder of the river's
power and unpredictability.



No comments:

Post a Comment